At Flying Cat Web Design I also create videos. I currently develop videos for Inspired Classroom. I develop three types for Inspired Classroom.
One to two minute commercials
These promotional features describe Inspired Classroom’s products and services. These videos are filmed, produced and edited by Flying Cat.
5-10 minute educational programs
These pre recorded educational programs are written and developed for K-12 education. The videos feature a core topic and and are designed to enhance understanding and to improve learning retention.
Pre Recorded conference edits
These films are on average an hour long and feature a pre recorded presenter and their presentation materials. These conferences are edited to enhance content and streamline viewing for the end user.
Video blogs (vlogs), commercials, funny moments captured on film (either real or staged) have all become an important part of a web portfolio presence. YouTube has become a top search engine. Over 41,206,508 people visit YouTube per month. An average of 1,000,041,901 videos are watched per day.
More YouTube Stats:
- 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second.
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 39 countries and across 54 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views
- In 2011 there were almost 140 views for every person on Earth
So how do you make your video stand out?
Start by finding your own unique style. Keep your films, short and relevant. Be yourself and have fun!
YouTube is a great place to ‘store” your video but you have to share it to get noticed. Using social media like FaceBook and Pinterest but also new and innovative places like Vine.Video is only piece to your internet strategy.